Club Coupe du Monde U.S.A. has received and reviewed applications from pastry chefs from around the country to compete for a spot on Team USA in the next Coupe du Monde de la Patisserie in Lyon, France.
The candidates competing in the chocolate category are:
- Thierry Aujard, Executive Pastry Chef And Owner, SWEET PROSPERITY BAKERY, East Norriton, PA
- Francois Behuet, Executive Pastry Chef, PETROSSIAN, New York, NY
- Robert Nieto, Executive Pastry Chef, JACKSON FAMILY WINES, Fulton, CA
- Olivier Saintemarie, Executive Pastry Chef, J.B.I. INC., LES CHEFS DE FRANCE, Lake Buena Vista, FL
The candidates who will compete in the sugar art category are:
- Nicolas Chevrieux, Executive Pastry Chef, JEAN-PHILIPPE PATISSERIE at ARIA and The BELLAGIO in Las Vegas, NV
- Jordan Snider, Executive Pastry Chef, FAIRMONT GRAND DEL MAR, San Diego, CA
The competition will be held on August 14-15 at the Secchia Institute for Culinary Education at Grand Rapids Community College in Grand Rapids Michigan and will be free and open to the public.